Rx Info for Physicians
The WheezoMeter™ is a medical device intended to be used with the care of a physician. In the United States, the sale of a WheezoMeter to consumers requires a prescription from a physician.
For more information on purchasing a WheezoMeter in the U.S. contact us at Service@iSoneaMed.com, or call us at 760-297-6055.
State-of-the-Art Wheeze Measuring Device
The WheezoMeter analyzes 30 seconds of breath sounds using advanced signal processing algorithms to detect, quantify and objectively document the presence of wheeze and its extent, the WheezeRATE. WheezeRATE is the proportion of the respiratory cycle duration occupied by wheezing – Tw/Ttot.
- The WheezoMeter is calibrated and validated as determined by consensus of a panel of experts who evaluated and scored many recordings for presence of wheeze.
- The WheezoMeter uses a cascade of 6 proprietary technologies to “defend” the signals against false detection of ambient noises as wheeze.
The WheezoMeter can be used by:
- Physicians: Pediatricians, GPs, internists, asthma/allergy specialists.
- Nurses: Emergency, ICU/PICU/NICU, ward, asthma nurses, school nurses.
- Technicians and Paramedics: Respiratory therapists, EMS personnel, military medics, sports paramedics, occupational health officers.
- Patients and Caregivers: Under guidance of a healthcare professional.
Designed with the Patient In Mind
The WheezoMeter design is based on ergonomic human-interfacing principles as dictated by functional and anatomical requirements in a state-of-the-art attractive form. This design:
- Facilitates the correct anatomical placement of the device in contact with the trachea at the correct contact force.
- Provides stable contact with the skin surface for the duration of the test.
- Isolates the measuring head and sensor from vibrations and tremor of the hand holding the WheezoMeter.
- Provides a user interface with clear Wz% readout, time and date of test, as well as specific icon indicators for unstable sensor contact and excessive ambient or patient noise.
- Obtain a “spot check” measurement of present wheeze activity, any time, any place, as often as needed without any patient effort.
- Measure WheezeRATE™ before and after administration of a bronchodilator (“pre-post” test).
- Record the wheezing status of homebound or patients located remotely for review by physician or healthcare professional.
|System Components||WheezoMeter with embedded Black Fin® processor, self-contained cushioned built-in silicone-coated PPG Sensor and carrying case.|
|Sensor||PPG Sensor with broad spectrum frequency response, >60 dB dynamic range and superior ambient noise rejection.|
|Software||Proprietary iSonea Wheeze Detection algorithms plus comprehensive ambient noise rejection capability.|
|Capacity||Allows scrolling of the last 10 measurements for review.|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries (not included).|
|Auxiliary Input||Infant sensor holder for babies and toddlers (optional).|
|Warranty||One year limited warranty.|